The cold temperatures are on the way, and if the proper precautions are not looked after, rodents will be settling into your home.
Rodents are a triple threat because they can contaminate food, destroy property and spread serious diseases. They can spread these diseases through their urine and feces or directly through bites. Fleas, lice and ticks can also be brought into your home by rodents and can carry infection to humans after feeding on an infected mouse or rat.
Rodents can enter the home quite easily. A rat can fit through an opening as small as a quarter, while a mouse can squeeze through a hole smaller than a dime.
Important steps to follow to prevent rodents from entering your home include:
- Block all the holes and cracks outside the home to keep rodents from getting inside. Also be extra conscious about pipes and other utilities enter the home. A mouse can come through a whole whose size is of a dime.
- Having loos mortar shedding around the basement grounds and the windows its time to change.
- If there is pile near your home, mice & ants can easily develop their nests in wood piles and invade your home so keep firewood about 20 feet away from the home.
- Take care of rodent keep storage areas, rodents can disappear in clutter, make sure store boxes are not placed on the floor.
- Get rid of damp areas, You must be extra conscious about bathrooms and kitchens because these areas are more prone to cockroach invasion.
- Overhaul broken screen in the windows set up door sweeps.
- Keep basements and crawl spaces, attics dry and airy. Monitor vents to funnels as well.
It’s important to contact a licensed pest management professional at Action Pest Control Services in identifying and addressing rodent problems.