Zika Virus Facts
1. No treatment or Vaccine
2. Symptoms are fever, rash, joint pain and red eyes
3. Illness is usually mild and death is rare
4. Mosquitoes that transmit virus not present in Canada yet
5. Symptoms usually last 2-7 days
6. 1 in 5 people infected will be come ill
However it is dangerous for women as it can cause a severe birth defect
and it is mainly found in South America.
The Zika virus follows Malaria and the West Nile virus and it does not start with but are spread by mosquitoes. These little buggers are slowly migrating north and have already hit most southern states and people travelling to Mexico and South America.
It is important to touch on symptoms and stress how integral it will be to consider larviciding to kill mosquito’s larvae as is done with West Nile prevention. We here at Action Pest do not want to invoke fear but to educate our customers.